Friday, July 25, 2008

West Texas meets New York City

We have had a wonderful week with a collection of the Hodge family. My mom, her husband Joe, my Uncle Don & Aunt Phyliss, and Aunt Gayla arrived last Thursday from Lubbock for the New York/New Jersey experience. We took the Greyline bus tours all over the city on Saturday, attended church and hit the outlet malls on Sunday, Carmine's for dinner on Monday, a few went to the Yankee game on Tuesday night, most everyone visited Ellis Island & The Statue of Liberty on Wednesday and then we relaxed all day Thursday. During their visit we also did some serious home cooking! It was amazing! We had chicken and dumplings, spaghetti, pecan chicken, chicken fried steak, chocolate rolls and a few things in between! I think everyone really had a great time! Here is a glimpse of all the excitement!

2 comments:

cmjj said...

How great that you had some visitors!!! I know you must have enjoyed it. My in-laws are coming again in a few weeks. I am ready to do some more sightseeing myself!!!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Can't wait to see your pics from Rome! It would have been TOO FUNNY if we had run into each other there!