Friday, January 15, 2010

My Granny

I am blessed beyond measure to have had such wonderful grandparents! They lived 6 blocks away for most of my life and we were able to spend so much time with them. It was all truly priceless! There were times when I thought I might not get married before they passed - what a great gift that I could share Chris with them in their last years. The holidays this year were bittersweet. Chris & I got to spend our first Christmas at home - but my granny was to sick to be there. However we did get some incredible one on one time with her late one night at the hospital. I think I somehow knew it might be the last time I would get to visit with her. So despite the fact that it was 3am we soaked it all up. She was the granny I remembered as a kid that night - and one we had not seen in months. To say that she was a Godly woman seems to be an understatement. I learned so much from her about life and about my Lord. I miss her like crazy! But I know there will come a day when we will be reunited - oh what a glorious day that will be!

I love you Granny!

0 comments: