Wednesday, December 3, 2008

THANKSGIVING - Texas Style

We are so thankful to have spent the past week and a half with our families in Texas. We left NJ on November 20th and returned just last night. It was a wonderful time with friends, food, family, football & a few other things in between. By the time it was all over we had eaten THREE Thanksgiving dinners! Needless to say that will make up for not being home at Christmas.

We hit Dallas first to see Chris' family and our first Thanksgiving dinner. That Sunday we had lunch with several friends. It is always so nice to catch up with everyone. Monday night we had Thanksgiving dinner with my old Life Group. They cooked a fried turkey and it was so tasty! Due to my October and November work schedule I was able to attend 3 Life Group meetings - AWESOME! One night we managed to do dinner with all the siblings at RA and then dessert! We had a wonderful time and wish we could do that more often. I guess we will have to hope that they come visit us in the big city soon!

Wednesday we made the short flight to Lubbock to see my family. Thursday we spent the day at my aunts house stuffing ourselves with STUFFING! We watched the COWBOYS win, and Chris watched his Aggies lose. I guess maybe those even each other out :) Then Friday my sister and I braved the early morning black Friday sales. Mostly we did it just to say we had. I can almost guarantee it will never happen again! Chris slept in and so did Drew. Saturday we took family pics and then headed to the TECH game. It was chilly, but we had a great time! Sunday we ran a few errands and then headed to my moms for a Chicken Fried Steak dinner - Chris' favorite (my mom loves to spoil us). Then we made our way back to Dallas in route to NJ. We filled ourselves up with the last Texas food we could get and the flew out.

1 comments:

cmjj said...

How nice to be home for Thanksgiving!!! It's funny how different things are than they are here, huh? People look different, talk different, eat different food...it's pretty amazing! I can't wait to get back to visit as soon as we can, in the meantime, Chris is working more than the postman. He has a show on Christmas day!!!!!