Wednesday, December 30, 2009

White Christmas

It seems Chris & I are on a roll of White Christmases. Last year we watched the snow fall in Vermont & this year it followed us to Lubbock. I love SNOW! So it was the perfect addition to our holiday celebrations. Unfortunately Christmas in our family was a little rough this year. My Granny fell and broke her hip just a few days before and so we spent the holiday on hospital rotations. However I really would not trade it for the world. Chris & I spend part of Christmas night at the hospital. My Granny had slept most of the day which made her awake & alert for our 9pm-3am shift. We just sat & talked. I held her hands, rubbed her back & just shared the details of our Christmas day. She commented on all her great grandchildren & how beautiful they are. It was truly priceless time! We always treasure our family time and this year was really no exception! I think the kids all had a wonderful Christmas!

0 comments: